Thursday, August 12, 2010

(African American Ladies Help)?

i am a 16 year old girl with severely damaged relaxed hair. when i was younger my mother relaxed my hair for ten months in this ten months my hair completely broke off. i vowed never to relax my hair again. my mother cut off all the left over relaxed ends and i started putting braids in after two years i had hair that reached my collar bone. well 9 weeks ago while at the hairdresser with my mother (who has dreads) i decided i wanted to cut my hair short. my mother and the hairdresser encouraged it but informed me that i would have to relax my hair. at first i was against it but i didn't want to wear weaves anymore and my natural texture was to hard for me to handle so i relaxed it and got my hair cut, which brings me to now. today is the second time i've gotten a relaxer and my hair is severely damaged. i did everything i was supposed to do, i used aphogee to wash my hair, i didn't over use heat in my hair, i slept with a silk scarf and i even sprayed olive oil sheen daily. some how my hair still managed to break off today while getting my relaxed the hairdresser suggested i gut off all my hair.....i am truly against that and was wondering if there is anything at all i can do to save my hair?(African American Ladies Help)?
You need to do more than what you've been doing if you want to keep your hair healthy. Too much protein can hurt your hair. Harsh combing, brushing, and styling can break off your hair. Not giving your hair enough moisture can hurt your hair. Relaxers also damage your hair. Stop relaxing. If you want to wear it short, then you can always wear it short and natural. Short hair is much easier to care for than longer hair. You can always let your hair grow out and then cut off the relaxed ends, if you don't want to cut it all at once. Obviously, relaxers aren't working for your hair.





http://www.motowngirl.com


http://forum.blackhairmedia.com


http://www.nappturality.com


http://www.longhaircareforum.com
  • acne scar
  • windows web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment