Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cancer surviviors who've got their hair back - how did you cope with getting it cut?

I came off treatment about 2 years ago. I've recently started uni and don't have a lot of time on my hands. The problem is that my hair is much too long to fit around my schedual - it always takes at leats 30 mins to dry and i just dont have that sort of time in the mornings, so i need to get it cut.


At the moment it's over halfway down my back, and so thick i cant do anything with it so i really do need a shorted style.


But a part of me REALLY doesnt want to cut it, because i still feel like ';it's my hair and i'm not bald anymore and i love it';. i'm really dreading getting it cut in a few days, and several times i've almost called and cancelled.


Has anyone else felt like this? And if so, how did you get past it??Cancer surviviors who've got their hair back - how did you cope with getting it cut?
No. I still like short hair. The wig was hot, although it WAS sort of convenient to be able to take off your hair to cool off in hot weather. Grow it as long as you like. It is YOUR hair. If I lost hair again, I would still survive as best as possible.Cancer surviviors who've got their hair back - how did you cope with getting it cut?
Oh my I have been there but my husband made a great suggestion that if I wanted to cut my HAIR short again to put it to good use.. So that is exactly what I did I cut it off and gave it to Locks of Love.. They make wigs for all ages with human hair. I guess it made me feel better knowing that I was going to be happy with my hair short and it made it easier on the hot flashes (lol) also saved time on drying hair. But most of all made feel good that I could give back to someone that was going through what I went through. But your emotions are totally normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment