Thursday, August 12, 2010

I can't grow dreads?.:(?

my hair is boyishly short thats why I wanted to coil comb it.. the lady at the salon chopped my hair off(GRR!) off she didn't even cut my hair evenly..My hair is long in the front and it gets shorter going towards the back..i took out my braids today, I had them in for 4months.





I've been getting advice all day some people tell me to cutt my hair and start over... other people tell me i can go ahead and dread.. i just have to do my hair a different way.. My friend today.. told me i should go ahead and seperate my hair in sections with a rubber band. when i go to comb coil it i should put the shorter hair with the longer hair (basically combine sections)... I'm not even sure what she said myself, lol..





But i don't know what to do because the last two times i went to the salon were tragic.. and I don't even know how to cut my hair properly.. what should i do?





This isn't the first time I've had a problem I have been trying to grow dreads since the beginning of the year.. 5months ago.. my hair was good. I was just going to go get it trimmed until that happened.. and now.. its still a problem its like i'm dealing with so much crap.. and i haven't even started day 1 yet..





Its really making me feel down, because there's always a problem. I feel like I'm cursed.. i really do..I can't grow dreads?.:(?
Well you're probably not starting out right.


There are numerous ways for a person to obtain dreadlocks





-Neglect method


-Coil twists


-Backcombing


-Etc.





It all just requires time and effort for them to DEVELOP. You cant simply grow them. Thats not how it works If you get coil twists, it'll be a second before they start to actually look like locks because the hair has to tangle and tighten. You can even combine methods. Mine started out as coil twists and a month later, they were backcombed.


I'd suggest buying some product from bornu.com. He has some twisting oils that'll really help keep your dreadlocks soft if you start them. I used to personally go to him but you can buy his stuff online :]





Oh and don't do the rubberband thing. It makes your hair brittle and more prone to breaking, plus it doesnt make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment