Thursday, August 12, 2010

DREADLOCKS! Can you help me?

Is my hair a good length to start with dreads? I've been really wanting them and a few months ago, I had to cut my hair due to an accident that ruined it. This is it grown and ';healthier'; and I'm not sure how much longer I can wait for dreads.





How short will they be if I get them now?





ONLY SERIOUS ANSWERS PLEASE!





http://i39.tinypic.com/2wcijwj.jpg


http://i43.tinypic.com/20qzz8m.jpg





Sorry about the way I look in the pictures too, lol. I've been having a rough day.DREADLOCKS! Can you help me?
YAY, dreads!


:)


I've had mine for about a month now and I adore them :D


Judging by your pictures, your dreads would be pretty short, seeings how you look like you have a lot of layers in your hair.


My hair was almost 2 feet long down my back and I opted for extra hair to be added for length.


Even with the extra hair added, my dreads are about 3-4 inches shorter than what my hair was before I dreaded it.


I would definitely opt for ';extensions'; (it's real hair that's dreaded to the ends of YOUR hair to add more length to your dreads).


It'll cost you about $60-$100 more to go with extra hair (depending on what salon you get it done at, if you ARE going to a salon), but if you want longer dreads, that's the way to go.


If not, I can tell you right now - your hair will make for shorter dreads that will stick out for the first couple of months.


Whichever route you choose, make sure to take care of them, please!





OH! And PS - after reading some of the comments posted before me - dreads are NOT dirty or held together by ';grunge';. You wash them like you do normal hair. It's just a different hairstyle than most, that's all. Anybody that tells you dreads are nasty and full of bugs are either IGNORANT or have known some gross people who DON'T TAKE CARE OF THEIR DREADS!DREADLOCKS! Can you help me?
u all thats saying dreadlocks are nasty and unprofessional are crazy. U must dont know the history behind it. It denotes strength and u can look professional with dreads as long as u keep them done. I am a teacher and are growing dreads now.

Report Abuse



So that notion that u cant find a job with dreads is a lie. Let ur resume speak for itself! Stop profiling people and let there actions speak for itself. I totally agree with her getting dreads and long as she keep it neat and clean!

Report Abuse



They are definetly not long enough for dreads if you do get dreads this length the dreads will be at the middle of your ears. You will look like a boy %26amp; no one wants that!! Plus I really would not want to do that to your hair it's really cute! If you do get them that short, just please don't! Here is what they will look like if you get them at the length you have now....


http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1100/6444鈥?/a>


Even a little shorter than that Be patient! (: But when you do go to get dreads when your hair is much longer make sure you go somewhere that can do them well. I would not recommend doing them yourself but if you perfer to do so.....


Here's some tips...


http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts鈥?/a>





Hope this helps!


kookoohut
Your hair will be a bit shorter with the dreads, but I wouldn't get dreads if you just got healthy hair. You have to REALLY want them because if you get them and want them out, you actually have to cut them out, and your hair is already short, so you will be like almost bald afterwards. Think long and hard before doing this. Here is some information:


http://www.dreadlocks.com/
that should be a good length. your hair wont be that much shorter. maybe an inch shorter at the most. a guy at my school just got them and his hair is shorter than yours and it didnt get that much shorter.


good luck
Hmm. Dreads don't seem like they'd suit you. I know a girl who has them %26amp; it looks okay, but it's also really damaging to your hair %26amp; it's a pain to take out. Literally.
They really don't take off much length maybe an inch or so. Your hair is at the right length now if you want them. Just remember the only way to get rid of them is to cut them out.
ewe dreads? but yea, your hair would probably grow out enough to look normal if u start dreads now
Maybe 6 long from you scalp (at the most).





To be honest I don't think you should dread your hair; you're pretty and the dreads would be a distraction from you face.
They will be at your chin or shorter and you cant wash ur hair they are held together by the dirt and grunge it makes ur hair unhealthy but if you want them ur hair is long enough!





Hope I Helped
They arent gross. You will look very pretty in them. your face suits it. they would make your hair waaaaaay shorter then it is but if i were you, id do them now
Shave it ALL off. once you get dreadlocks your hair loses it's right to live.
dont get dreads





your beautiful :(
wait longer till its like near your chest. It will look better
i would wait for it to get a little bit longer
serioiusly i've known people with real dreads and fake dreads. both aree nasty as hell. ive seen literally bugs crawl out of a persons dreads sprout wings and take off flying away. and fake dreads just make u look like a dirt merchant, cuz u just glob glue or w/e u can imagine in ur hair. and MOST OF ALL , u dont just go and get dreads! its a long dirty irrating process of knotting ur hair in the right way , and only using soap or w/e . it takes months to do it right. and for a girl to have dreads, u going to get them and realise ur never gona get a job, and have to cut ALL ur hair off to start over. BUT IF U REALLY want em. just start off by doing one in ur back of ur head with a glass bead on it. those arent overkill and look good and u can see what its like before ruining ur hair
EWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! DREADS ARE FREAKING DISGUSTING!!!! DID YOU KNOW THAT WHEN BOB MARLEY DIED, THEY FOUND 15 DIFFERENT TYPES OF LICE IN HIS HAIR!!!





btw, nice bull nose ring . . . ha

No comments:

Post a Comment